Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Sincere Waste of Time, Trust Me....

Wotcha think of me now? No camera tricks here...this is the real puss.



Anyways, want some exciting news? We got the FIRST "YES" confirmation that one of my oldest child's friends will be coming to his birthday party. I am soooo glad! You see, having a child with Asperger's Syndrome (High-Functioning Autism...in case you were wondering), you tend to have a child with very few friends. Socially, emotionally, and sensory-wise, we have issues. BUT we can check one name off the list! HOORAY!!

He also picked out a new color for his room...yes, the baby blue heating vent will be painted white to match the trim. He's tickled...he picked it out himself...the color is "HAPPY CAMPER!"


Here is the "Separation Sweater" from the book "Knits for All Seasons." I've actually made the arm holes already, so this picture is a few days old.

And my Schaefer Lola sock is nearly finished. I still need to close in the tootsies.
This is a completely boring post.


Completely mind-numbing.
These are things I find really boring for the most part.
1. Television...unless we're talking about "Lost." DO NOT get me started on "Lost." Love, love, love....
2. Reading...shame shame! You don't say! Yes, I admit it. I like to read short things, like blogs, poetry, etc. And being a professional writer (besides a relatively decent knitter and rather EXCEPTIONAL yarn shop employee...heehee), I should read more. But again, I can squeeze in two major hobbies/passions. These three are reading, knitting, or writing. I choose knitting and writing...we must have these priorities straight.
3. Dishes. How many dishes can two dogs and four people use in one single day? It's revolting.
Things I find VERY interesting but disturbing:
1. Wal-Mart at 11pm on a Friday night. People talk to themselves. People eat things out of their carts. I've seen a boy eat half a dozen Slim Jims in line to check out.
2. The concept of skiing. Why do people, and I admire those who have the guts to this, decide it would be insanely fun to buckle strips of slippery wood to themselves and leap down giant, ice-covered mountains? It's cold. There are many trees. It's cold. I don't get this one.
3. Eyeballs. Now, I am no scientist. Maybe you can help me on this one, Allison...how exactly do eyeballs work? They are mezmerizing and horribly creepy. Thus, I wear glasses and NOT contacts!!
Didn't improve much, did it? Sorry for the lamosity (my word again!)...maybe I'll go back to making up more words.
Love ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's was fun!!!!!!!!!!! Try exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Told you it would be a waste of time!

10 comments:

Allison said...

eye balls are pretty complicated ...

For for seeing cells called cones and rods in the retina which focus light and then turn it into an electrical signal which is then transmitted through the optic nerve. The optic nerve does some traveling to a couple nuclei, changes names a few times and ends up at the back of your brain (yes that's where the vision cortex is all the way in the back of the brain) Your brain sees things.. backwards and upside down, which is ok because your retina already did flipped everything once, so the brain is really making everything rightside up again.

As for the part of your eyeballs moving there are several cranial nerves that work to move it in all directions. Theses nerves also control your eyelids and such things. There are special nuclei in the brain that move one eye in one direction and make the other follow so you don't have double vision, and so you can focus on objects near and far away.

So really it's not about the eyeball working.. it's about the brain being amazing and making your eyeballs work.

That's the low down on the eyeball... which is certaintly not my area of specialty.

"Meems" said...

Hahaha Hermine.. oh, I mean Allison!!

Thank you for putting a new post Bel. Even though you say its a waste of time, I find it very amusing to see whats going on in that brain of yours..... besides flipping of images, oh I guess that is the retina that does that... oops.
:)

Vouray said...

Oh my Gaud, Allison. If I wanted to read a book, I would have finished Potter book 6! Anyway Belinda, That person that ate all the slim Jims...colon cancer in a few years, right, Allison?

Anonymous said...

The people at Walmart are strange at any time of the day or night!!!!!!!!!!!! And about that amazing "yarn shop employee", get in line honey, right Mimi?

Miranda said...

Heh. I knew most of that about the eyeball. Who knew being incredibly nearsighed and having glasses since five would ever come in handy?

Allison said...

Eating a whole thing of slim jims... I'd be more worried about gout.. but yes a diet of entirely slim jims most likely causes cancer.

LauraRN said...

One thing I miss is the Blacksburg/Christiansburg 24-hour WalMart. I avoid the WalMarts around here like the plague. I'd rather drive 50 miles to get what I need than to step foot in one. But we have NOTHING that's open 24 hours. Even if I don't go there much, it's good to know it's there if you need nails or wine or crayons at 3 in the morning. And the B/C-burg WalMart is SO much better than the ones up this way. (once I get past the child labor/ immigrant/health care issues)

jody said...

hey go easy, i may BE one of those people walking around wal mart at midnite, talking to myself and eating goodness knows what-at least no one is talking back or asking to have whatever i am eating for once!!!

Allison said...

Belinda..

Mimi got me yarn.. so you can keep yours.

Miranda said...

Belinda! blog again! we miss you!