Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Bags and Some Aqua Net Never Hurt Anybody

I've decided that there is one thing of which you can absolutely never have enough...bags. I am bag-crazy. Now, mind you, I don't have many bags. I do admire them, however. Maybe I have three...the standard black purse of everything, a little night-time bag my sister gave me.....okay, my mistake....I have TWO bags. Well, 'tis about to change! I saw this type of cinch-type bag and thought, gee, that's easy enough! Stockinette around, some YOs, and a decrease around for the base. What could be simpler? So, I took some "Softwist purple just bought for the awesome color and sat here hangin'out at the house with nothing better to do" yarn and mixed with some fun Noro "hey, it is wicked cool and on sale so, of course I'm gonna buy it" yarn... and voila! Little cinch bag.

But the bag thing is just starting! Had some of this nature cotton "gee, maybe I'll make some potholders or something" yarn. Found two more in the sale bin. And I saw a free pattern that just said to knit a rectagle base and pick up stitches along thes side... again, easy concept. So, I'm going big and cotton! And I think I will line this one with a very cool fabric.
I have to finish this in just under two weeks... and then I start my sweater!! I tried to take a photo of the sweater I'll be knitting from the Lavold Celtic collection, but my camera isn't doing so good with close-ups. Phyl, I know you've seen it! Even my husband loves it, and, thank goodness, Sandy and Gina say that I can handle it. This is reassuring...you'll see what I mean when you see the sweater...cables, Celtic designs...a little intimidating!
AND...I found a photo from 1979, the same year as Gina's fun "Sufragette City" video. I tried endlessly to get it on my blog...so I'm sorry that you will have nothing to laugh at. But I will describe it to you: grown-out pixie haircut, a big acoustic guitar, and a lovely background of gold, cream, and 70's-ick green sofa cushions. Maybe I can figure this camera thing out. However, I'll bring this lovely photo to work tomorrow. I also have a rather embarrassing one that involves me, 1986, a perm, a rather goofy face, and an upside-down can of Aqua Net. I'll bring this in the shop, too, in case you're desperate for some hysterics... or I'm a glutton for punishment!
More to come ASAP! Got to figure out the camera close-up deal. Smooch!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you actually use the bags you make. I love to knit them, but I carry way too much in my purse to carry them. I think I'd stretch them to the floor with all my junk. See ya soon.

"Meems" said...

Bags look great.. ahh, aquanet!! I used to use the stuff too with my perm hair and huge bangs... i will look for picture too... hehehe

Vouray said...

How is Atkins doing tonight??? Just keep chanting "Bathingsuit, bathingsuit"

Bel said...

Mimi!! I miss you!

Gina!! It is going good! Ate chicken and more soup...and chunks of cheese. I completely wiped out my grocery budget tonight...to mere coins! But I stocked up on fish and green beans and lettuce and ribeye steaks! Yum Yum!! I'm worried about all the meat icking me out, so I found some nice sharp cheddar and gouda to nibble. Are you with me???

jody said...

I have a bunch of random balls of wool leftovers lying around and I was just thinking I should use them to knit up some sort of bag-I'm thinking maybe felted, but then again, I may just wait till the fall-too warm for wooliness!

We always used Aqua Net to provide the "boost" for our potato cannon b/c it had the highest alcohol content-we could really blast those suckers with that cannon!

Loren said...

I love making bags too. They're fast and fun to make. One of my favorite things that I've made is a recycled silk bag.

Vouray said...

No pictures of toes tonight? Husband like the toes?