Thursday, March 15, 2007

Didn't know how much OLIVE you...

Yes, all my friends, the camera port has arrived! And there is sooooo much to share! First, I have to ask, is this the most beautiful, delicious thing? Debbie Bliss Cathay. Ahhhh...Just about 1980 yards. Thank you, thank you, Phyl. You are truly so kind and amazing. I am still in awe of this gift...especially after only knowing you for three or four weeks. Thank you, and it will be deeply loved for years and years to come.

Gina is so right...this is a group of wonderful, loving people, and how great it was to share the love on Wednesday! Gina (another amazingly generous person, no doubt) throws us all a pre-sale Zeppoli's lunch party (soooo yummy), and we all enjoy sharing patterns, chosing projects, and just "yacking it up." Each of you is an incredible treasure, and I really mean that.

What say you? Why, YES, I certainly HAVE been knitting! You are about to be bombarded with yarn and projects and exciting things! Let's begin...oh, yes! Put us out of our misery!

* I have the perfect pattern for my oh, so beautiful new yarn...the Lavold Collection of Celtic Designs. I am picking up the book tomorrow, and you will all then see the most amazing sweater in the world.
* Yummy hand-dyed...now what? I'm thinking about an over-sized cinch-bag for the beach. We have about 540 yards to play with...any thoughts?

* Could we forget the "Dream Swatch?" I still have a long way to go, but it is so easy and fun to knit.

* The Eco-Wool, Hand-Dyed Wool Poncho. This is the "can knit it in my sleep" poncho, but with the warmer weather, it is really hard to pick it up right now. Maybe with the cooler temperatures coming in this weekend.

* And this is our shark. He doesn't have a name yet. I bought him for my husband on Monday afternoon. He is called "the anger management shark," which will help with the random things that make us angry. If we feel ourselves getting crabby, we talk through the shark. It is really hard to be angry when you're wearing a blue and purple stuffed shark on your hand. Hubby has a really tough job sometimes and gets really stressed out. This is a relaxing way for all of us to discuss our frustrations. And the kids seem to really listen when Mom takes us the shark puppet and can say things like, "Mommy gets really frustrated when you don't treat each other nicely." Or, "Mommy needs you guys to help clean up your rooms!"

It is so wonderful to have a camera again!! I really want to post on all the other blogs this evening, but I am BEAT tired. Wiped out. I didn't sit at all today until the car ride back with the kids after school, and then I walked around the entire school from 5:30-7:00 this evening for Parent's Open House. My feet have had it, and I'm turning in.
Tomorrow I will spread more joy. G'night!

4 comments:

Vouray said...

Lovefest! Lovefest! Knitting brings people together, yarn grows friendships..congrats on the camera!

jody said...

Hi Belinda! It was nice to meet you today finally! I feel like I wasn't very friendly b/c I was distracted with kids and, of course, YARN! So I just wanted to say sorry and it was nice to meet you in person and I look forward to seeing you again some time at the shop! :) (Btw, my little girl is actually asleep right now with her fuzzy bag-she LOVES it!!)

Anonymous said...

You just don't know how much joy it brought me to see how much you loved the yarn. Yarn should be adored, lovely projects made and worn with it. If the yarn had stayed with me it would never have become something beautiful. It was truly my pleasure that it find a home with you!
Love all around the Mosaic table! And I like the shark idea.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the finished sweater. Do you think you will have it done by next Wednesday?????
Wear it to the shop so we can see it :-)))