Monday, January 29, 2007

There is CAKE in my house


First...the good news. I have finished the first cabled, fingerless glove and started the second. My mother-in-law, who is visiting from Florida right now, loves the color. And suddenly I'm feeling the itch to knit a sweater. I resisted the urge two months ago...but I think the fibers are beckoning. Is it time to dig for the perfect pattern?

And now...the bad news. It's the pain of sweets. The birthday party leftovers. And oh, the wretched sugar. Agony. Woe. It's cold, and I mean very, very cold, so the whole idea of knitting and eating chocolate cake...well, it may be more than I can stand. I keep walking back and forth in the kitchen...an air-tight container of icing staring back at me...and it suddenly becomes a fork here...a fork there...

Like I said...agony. But delicious agony!

And I am making homemade lasagna...now baking and bubbling-cheesy in the oven. Not anything I would call a successful diet day. Alas, the sugar wins today. Sounds like the perfect night to knit into a sugar coma! Who's with me??!

3 comments:

"Meems" said...

I just ate a bag of runts and wendys for dinner. SOmedays are harder than others. Your cake experience is reminicent of my left over b-day cake.... bad stuff :) Your glove looks awesome! Arent you proud?!!! WOW!!!! I am proud of you:)
See you Wed!
MIMI

Vouray said...

I just ate 2 big bowls of Gumbo and half of a 'Green&Black' dark chocolate bar and swigged it down with some Gatorade. I win.

Loren said...

I wish I had a massive chocolate truffle next to the computer right now!