Thursday, February 1, 2007

Grrrrr

This is me this afternoon...feeling plump and irritated with myself. Everyone is home due to the recent downfall of invisible, anti-slippery, sun-enduced snow...so we can't even enjoy a so-called winter day. Bah humbug. Ritzandfratz. Friggydiggy.

This is a great day for random babbling. I told Mimi today that I have nothing to write about...no finished projects to share, no patterns to mull over. I'm ready to knit the sweater, so I will consider any suggested patterns for something non-feminine using a size US 7 needle or less. By the way, this is my cat Bia. She's ten years old. We call her Bob. Don't ask why.

Since I'm truly boring right now, here are the top ten exciting things for today:

  1. Gina bought me a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha...mucho yum yum.
  2. I organized lots of yarn.
  3. We are considering nominating Virginia as the area's most elligible bachlorette.
  4. I think the eye glasses people didn't include the proper anti-glare coating on my new glasses.
  5. Oh...I have new glasses.
  6. My glasses are red and very cool.
  7. I don't have to make dinner tonight because I have an entire fridge full of left-overs.
  8. I get to have coffee with my friend Tiffany tomorrow...if school isn't cancelled again.
  9. I'm bloated from all that friggin Chinese food...does anyone find that exciting?
  10. I have Breyer's Ice Cream in the freezer...how's that for exciting!

I'll update on Friday...surely I'll have something by then. Besides, I need a new project...hint, hint, wink, wink ....ideas???? Think "sweaters"...BYE!

9 comments:

"Meems" said...

CUte picture of the kitty! See, blogs about nothing are great! I enjoyed it:) SO I will see you tomorrow (fri) around 10? am excited!!!
MIMI

jody said...

hi there! i checked out your blog from Mimi's blog-i'm a knitter in b'burg, too but i don't think i've seen you at mosaic. anyway, what about Tubey from Knitty? mostly b/c i am curious to see it in real life b/c it looks interesting and so YOU should knit it and hang it up at mosaic and then i will decide if i want to knit it!! haha

oh and i'm with you on the "snow day"-fun times with ALL the kids home and NO SNOW to play in-ugh!

jody said...

ooh, shoot-Tubey uses size 8 needles-oh well

Vouray said...

I think you should knit something really sexy, check out "Knit and Tonic"'s blog, she has some pretty cool sweater patterns. Thanks for helping me move Noro!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jody! Glad you came in to visit. Do you have a blog, too? And I'm not totally opposed to size 8...it's really close. I just didn't want anything too bulky. I will check this one out on Knitty. THANKS!

jody said...

hey! I don't have a blog of my own (mostly b/c i have nothing interesting to say except I have a new baby and need more sleep and that would get old everyday :) )but I'm a knitting blog addict and when I found out there were several blogs of local knitters I was so excited! Hope to meet you some time at Mosaic!

Bel said...

Jody...I checked out the Knitty Tubey sweater, and I don't think I have the chest for it! Haha!! It is really cute, though! I'm one of those who will absolutely know the perfect sweater when I see it. I know it will just pop me in the mouth when I'm least expecting it. I would definitely like something not too form-fitting (since I need to lose like...well, a good few pounds), and with a higher neck...and I do love a turtleneck. Thanks!! Let me know if one strikes you!! And you do need a blog...having a new baby and very little sleep can lead to interestingly funny moments!

Vouray said...

For God's sake, Belinda and Jody, exchange phone numbers!! Jeez!

jody said...

i'll keep this short so i don't get yelled ay by gina again-haha! those are the EXACT same reasons I had not yet tried out Tubey-it was too close to being "Tubby" for me right now! great minds...