Sunday, February 4, 2007

BiZarRE

First, I have to ask...has anyone ever watched "Puppy Bowl" on Animal Planet? It is cute but completely mindless. They drop a whole bunch of random puppies in an enclosed, artificial turf field and let them run amuck amongst puppy toys and chewies. No plot, no real action, but majorly cute puppies. Made me think of Stevie Kate when she was a wee-one. This is her at almost three months. Ahhh...to be a puppy.

Now an example of why we, as people, are ridiculous. I made way too much dinner last night, ate like a piggy, said, "no...never again...never, never..." and I am right now waiting for chocolate chip peanut butter cookie bars to cool just enough so I don't scorch my lips off. Another example, the lovely pharmacy police (I won't say which pharmacy) refused to let me buy both my husband's regular supply of allergey medicine and an extra bottle of Nyquil (not that we are ill but it was on sale and good to have at the house...just in case)...BECAUSE we were over our "daily limit" in purchases and...for goodness sake, might be mass producing illegal substances in our basement. How ridiculous. I can't save my family an extra two bucks to buy it now while it's on sale. Heaven's no! Much smarter to wait until my husband has a cold, can't sleep, and I have to run out at 10pm in the snow to spend two dollars more. Grrrrrrrr. And, I finished my Debbie Bliss Fair Isle hat to find that it is WAAAAY to small for my noggin. Actually too small for my youngest son's noggin as well. Isn't that just PEACHY! And I even added four extra rows for an additional stripe. Go figure. My cast on was fine and would fit my head...but the height is way too small. Confused, why yes, thank you. But these were leftovers from the scarf.

No matter...I am undaunted by the shortcoming...and I mean really "short"...as I have decided to make yet another hat, but I sat up with hubby until 1am last night watching Saturday Night Live and designing a "paw print" fair isle hat. Perhaps I am setting myself up for potential failure. But I want to try.

In closing, I found this great quote that I had written down a long time ago.
"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you." ~ Rita Mae Brown
Hmmm, now that's a tasty thought! Hugs and crazy love....me

4 comments:

Vouray said...

The hat is really cute..if you're Jewish and using it as a beanie on a 1 year old! Stop eating and start knitting more! (I am one to talk...)

"Meems" said...

I have a paw print pattern if you want to use it! I like the quote too and i am pretty sure it would be me... AND my 3 best friends... hahahaha
Yeah, the hat turned out a bit yamica-like... but cute none the less.
Have a great week!
Mimi

"Meems" said...

OH and I HAVE seen the puppy bowl, its so weird, but I find myself watching... kinda like the teletubbies.

jody said...

hey there! sorry your computer is being dumb-if you can, stop by!

http://talkissheep.blogspot.com/