Sunday, February 18, 2007

Things I find disturbing...



  1. How dogs can sleep in snow. Or is this just a sign that I have some sort-of Himalayan-Abominable-Snow-Dog that defies the laws of thermodynamics?
  2. How technology is painful, particularly to the technologically-stupid. Yes, that would be me. Tried to fix the laser printer by taking out all noticably-movable parts and shoving hand inside. So, now I'm told that evidently it is called a laser printer because there's a laser in there?? I have a scorched middle finger tip with a giant (and I mean giant bubbly blister on it. Good thing I killed all the nerve endings in there so at least I can type on my blog tonight.
  3. How the Violent Femmes could agree to let Wendy's market their Bacon Mushroom Melt Burger with the song, "Blister in the Sun." Yes, we're still on the "blister" image. Sorry...
  4. How the anti-glare coating is somehow messed up on my glasses causing me to randomly swat at little lights that pop-up in front of me once in a while. People will start to talk.
  5. How you can cook a chicken, put it in a platic-wrapped, air-tight container and say it is actually edible within three months. By the way, there is a pre-cooked, packaged chicken recall I just heard on the news. This is what prompted my disturbance on packaged chicken in general. Go figure.
  6. How a single, weak muscle in one's upper back can make it so difficult to do little things, such as sleep, brush your hair, knit...yes, this is a disturbing one.
  7. How my husband can be the strong, silent type in public and then run around my house with a laundry basket full of undies and socks singing "I Feel For You" by Chaka Khan..."let me rock you...that's all I wanna do..."
  8. How I can actually get comfortable with a digital camera (I am soooo the 35mm girl) and the stupid thing decides it never wants to take a picture ever, ever again. Typical.

So, I may have really boring blogs for a while! No project photos! No yarn! I will try to take the camera in this week, so hopefully it hasn't gone to that great computer-generated, picture-taking place in the sky. Fingers crossed!! Bye for now.

4 comments:

"Meems" said...

I saw that Wendy's Comercial too... I was like .."what!!!" Yeah, SELL OUTS
Im sorry your camera isnt working properly and that you burned your finger. :( Dont stop writing on the blog though, or I know some sad people, including myself.

Vouray said...

Very upset about the Violet femmes selling out. They used to be cool! Go buy a new cheap camera for 20 bucks! ASAP!

jody said...

my dog rubs his head in the snow every time he goes out and then gets an ear infection like 10 minutes later (he's a Golden and gets ear infections all the time anyway)-ahhh to understand the mind of a dog....

"Meems" said...

BELINDA!!! where are you? I havent heard from you in a while. I should call you... I will make that a point. I hope all is well with you! POST A NEW POST SKINKFACE! :)
MISS YOU
mimi