Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sanctuary from the Mint Creme Oreo

Can anyone tell me...is there anything more beautiful than life in the mountains? This is my backyard view, complete with treehouse and swing set. When and if we move, I've decided that I need a view like this. I will also say that no home should be without a tire swing. That thing cooks. With a good heave-ho or two, that thing seriously rocks...I'm talking four or five feet off the ground and a span of twelve feet or more. There is nothing quite like sticking your butt in that thing, flying with your head back and making yourself completely nauseous.

The writing break has been great, and tomorrow evening I plan to do some writing for myself. I also decided last night that I need to get my health and fitness back on track. It is all about me...and the oreos. And the cookies we bake on a snow day. And hot chocolate...anyone seeing a pattern here? Miserable CHOICES! I'm a sucker for sugar! Well, no more. And, ready for another sign??.....during the middle of the night last night I turned over and twisted my back (many of you may not know I have a little back thing)...nothing better than being whacked into an alert state of mind by muscle spasms, would you say? I neglected my exercise, and now the back muscles are weak again. My own fault. Since we are cleansing the body of negative influences in the workplace (not at the shop, that's my positive work environment), why not cleanse the inside as well? Happy Valentine's Day, body...I'm doing something for you!
I finished the hat, started writing a pattern for a felted bag with diagonal triangles...I'm using some raspberry-colored Lamb's Pride with triangles of Noro Kureyon. And no sweater pattern, yet...but I have a week to find one!
Hope everyone has a great V-Day! Hugs and kisses (no chocolate ones!) ~ B

6 comments:

jody said...

wasn't it so pretty out today??? even though we were covered in ice, it was so pretty to look at-our house looks right off to Brush mtn and the trees were so pretty! But oh I HEAR YOU on the back thing-I get awful muscle spasms in my back-the last month of pregnancy almost put me in a home!! how did I get so old????

Vouray said...

Shut-up Jody! If you are old, I am ready for the home. Hey, Bel...sugar is more addictive than heroin. Remember that.

jody said...

Hey Bel! we went to the shop today but you were not there-we may go again this weekend, just me and my oldest-when do you work? i sure hope that old bag that owns the place isn't around-how does she do it, being so OLD and all ;)??

Vouray said...

Shut-up Jody! Or the next time I see you I'll hit you in the shins with my cane!

Bel said...

Jody, I'm always Tuesdays and Thursdays...recently acquiring Fridays and most likely Mondays as much as I can/as needed. And these are all mornings until 2-3pm, when I have to pick up the boys.

And BY THE WAY, I'm only three years younger than Gina...she may have the cane, but I can pitch a mightly curve-ball-throw of my coffee-stained false teeth... that'll leave a mark!

"Meems" said...

Yeah... Im old too... hahahaha DONT HIT ME... But I did get a wonderful comment yesterday when I told someone my age (which isnt old!!!) and she actually said "I didnt know you were THAT OLD!!" yeah, that made my day... :(
Yeah, those mint Oreos are the DEVIL!! I seriously cant stop eating them, so i wont buy them anymore. mmmmm...
Sorry about your Back Bel, and as far as rope swings go... I wont touch them! I was swinging freely like you described one day, and uh oh... the rope came untied, and down i went. Talk about sore backs...
Hope you feel better