Monday, May 28, 2007

Battle of the Addictions: Sugar VS. Fiber


Debbie Bliss Cathay more delicious than Canoli? Definitely.
Schaefer Hand-Dyed Lola better than Ding Dongs? That would have to be a yes.

LET THE GLUTTONY BEGIN! That is, knitting my calories.

The worry has passed...now the accountability must begin. Time to get healthy and get real about this summer chubb. My husband forbid me to diet or exercise until we resolved the ticker situation. AHHHHH...food without guilt! Now that the heart issue is resolved, I need to refocus.
I've made a pledge...so if I waiver, feel free to slap me upside the head. Please don't restrain yourself. You have my blessing. Be my guest.

My Pledge:

I, Belinda, the compulsive, over-eating spaz, being of long-awaited, sugar-anesthetized mind and body, do hereby pledge to live an excuse-free and healthy existence with a normal relationship with sugar. I vow this before I plunge into an irreversible diabetic coma or completely rot my teeth and become brain-damaged, to bid farewell, so-long, and adios muchachos to those oh-so-sweet past compulsions. This night I part with the Three Muskateers and the Almond Joys, the Double-Stuff Oreos and the homemade chocolate icing, the Bens and the Jerrys...even the Wavy Gravy. This I promise to be free of the gluttony and compulsive eating that leave me a babbling, over-indulgent, and powerless jellyfish doomed to jelly belly and butt.
Hello, moderation! I commit myself to helping my heart... for life.

How was that??

And now for something completely different...

What'cha think of all them squares? Pretty darn COOL!! I can't wait to see what comes in tomorrow!
And, Gina, here is the BAG!! My purse is pretty, but REALLY boring (sunglasses, wallet, and a few scattered cosmetics). NOTHING else.
So, this is my knitting bag. More interesting by far.


1. Schaefer Lola socks... ahhhh
2. Three inches of another Hokie Square
3. Phone/Address Book
4. Pens/highlighters
5. Nail file...don't know why...I have no nails
6. A yellow wooden clothespin...I still haven't figured that one out
7. Ella Rae and my new SOCKS book! Love it!
8. Maytag recall information on the dishwasher I had fixed like a MONTH ago...
9. Hand sanitizer...tell me that this surprises anyone...
10. A teeny pair of scissors, and finally...
11. Hand cream: Kiss My Face Peaceful Patchouli (please don't say "eeewwwwwww!) and Planet Spa African Shea Butter (my sister gave me)

One final photo... this is my little sweetie scoring a goal at his final soccer game on Friday. He's the blondie in the blue shirt and the winning kick.

Hope you all have a great week back!

More to come before TNNA!!

Love ya, Bel

5 comments:

Vouray said...

Cut out the refined suger! But at TNNA you can drink but you cant eat. Gin and tonics. Gin and Tonics.

jody said...

not even ben and jerry's mango sorbet? it's practically health food....right? i like your little soccerplayer-he's like the same size of the goal-too cute!

Anonymous said...

2 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!

cate said...

You are an absolute, hoot! catie

Miranda said...

what is this tnna you guys keep rambling on about?