Friday, May 4, 2007

Hip to be Square

How are things, Hokie Friends? It has been an exciting week...and a miserable one, too! Stapled to my house with my two boys with strep throat. Poor little guys. More catering and cleaning than knitting, I'm afraid. But it has also been an exciting week...mainly the week prior, because of all the support the "Hokie Healing" project has gathered. And among the craziness, alas, my blogging priorities are still relatively pathetic. I need to keep to twice a week.

Come on, keep me on my toes, will 'ya?! I'm lame! Need HELP!

Teasing!! Here are my two Hokie squares so far. This project has amazed me to no end. I called churches and schools, distributed posters...and I took calls from probably twelve different states within the first few days. Hi there!!...all you friends who spoke with me...you guys were so great: Fort Bragg, NC; Littleton, CO; Michigan; Utah; New Jersey; NYC; Philadelphia, PA; Richmond, VA; St. Cloud, MN; Pasadena, CA...these are all I can remember right now...major cyber hugs and big sloppy kisses...you're the cat's meow.

Actually...Stevie Kate sends the big sloppy kisses, by the way. Oh, Thank You!!!

Yes, I have neglected telling you all about vacation. Too much going on around here! I decided to update on the "Hokie Healing" progress two or three times each week (nag me, please!)...but at the end of each post, I'll share a few photos and some highlights from my vacation in Florida. This was our first vacation in five years!! Now you all know how pathetic I really am!!

Top five Florida highlights for Today...this group of photos and highlights is from two days in Key West:
1. I was in the ocean when it was snowing in Blacksburg. Sorry...don't mean to rub it in.
2. Ocean from every direction... big time surreal.
3. Walking around Mallory Square eating a half a pound of European chocolate fudge all to myself.
4. Visiting Ernest Hemmingway's house and staying clear of the chickens...they say you can get arrested for messing with the chickens. They're from Cuba, so I understand. I only ate seafood...didn't want to upset the chickens.
5. Appreciating how long it takes to drive 128 miles from the start of the Keys all the way to Mile Marker Zero on US1. Trust me, I love the ocean, but between draw bridges, 30-45 mph limits, and nothing but water and sand to look at...128 miles is a loooooong time.
More this weekend. I have a little "assignment" from Gina for tomorrow evening. Adventure, anyone?? tee hee hee...
More this weekend...said that...mean it! Knitta, please! love, Bel

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That ocean picture is incredible. Like your squares. Okay, what are you and Gina up too? I think I know. Have fun.

Bel said...

It is my very first time! And you know me, Debbie...I'm such a freak. I'm liable to fall on a kumquat or bash my skull on a coupon dispenser in Kroger... falling on my keister... mumbling... "I don't know 'nothin' 'bout any yarn!"

Good to be back, Debbie! On my way to see you now!

jody said...

i admit it-i took an extra trip around kroger looking for any clandestine yarn hiding just b/c i wanted to see it in person-of course i was a bit giggly and tlaking to myself during it so i think i need to reign that in a bit. otherwise the townspeople will talk! but i'm going to keep looking-i can smell yarn a mile away....

Vouray said...

Why can't vacation last forever?

Miranda said...

Hi Bel! I'm heartily impressed that you know who Frank O'Hara is! I have a love/hate relationship with him myself. Jitterbug Perfume is one of my favorite books. Have you read anything else by Tom Robbins?

Now that school is out, I'm sure I'll be hanging around Mosaic more... I'm sure I'll be seeing you soon.