Wednesday, May 16, 2007

blinded me with science and the curse of the ticked-off ticker

Wired. That would be me. Typical.
Work has been great, first of all. Tuesday we got a sqaure from Greece! Very cool. I love work...it is a happy place.
However, it has been a bit weird on the other side of life.
Let me tell you about my FUN week.

Sunday: Crabby people in my house. More sick people. Kid#1 crabby, and I'm worried about a relapse of strep throat. Luckily, we are catching it all really early.


Monday: Sick kid #1. Carting people off to Grandma and Grandpa's house. Realtor's checking my house...all over my house. Annual physical. Doc says we do an echocardiogram and a heart monitor. Also thinks we might need to reduce some stress. WHAT STRESS?? ME?? Don't answer that....

Tuesday: The beginnings of sick kid #2. Kid #1 crabby with his rash...the unique rash that only kid #1 gets with infections and baffles the doctors. Need to find the energy to wash dishes, pots, pans...

Wednesday: Kid #2 home sick. Husband taking a personal day to help during my many, many examinations today. Therefore, kid #3 (husband), very crabby. Echo at 11am, surreal and a bit disturbing. I evidently have some "leakage" in one valve. Sounds like a plumbing problem. This can't be great news. But otherwise he said it looks pretty decent in there. Then, doctor appointment #2...gyn. Ugh. So, I'm wearing paper robes from neck to knee, making jokes, and she listens......"okay, I thought I had a heart rhythm there, and then it went "bullallullalump!"" I'm sure this isn't technical terminology. And my blood pressure was 140 over 90. Way, way high for me. Might have some fibroid issues, too. Well, tickle me surprised!! Husband is helping with dinner...did you all hear that?????? BLINK! Show me you're alive! Breathe again!! It is TRUE!!! The man who means well but can't heat up frozen corn...helping me with dinner. See... chivalry is not dead.

Knitting...it is coming along. I've been tired, I'm afraid. But all is well, and I hope I don't strangle in my five dangling wires. Or that my wild dogs don't get lost between electrodes and blankets and accidently zap us all! Just kidding.

More this weekend. Lots of love, Bel





13 comments:

Jan said...

Oh my goodness! Feel better soon. It was great meeting you when I visit Mosaic on Friday.

Vouray said...

I'll tell ya...life is hard. As for fibroids, chop chop, all better, in fact Allison can knit you a Uterus. As for the heart thing, Scott is going through it too. There is a remedy for all that ails you, promise. Hugs.

"Meems" said...

When i first opened your blog the top pict. freeked me out... like it was a girls gone wild picture or something. Probably because I was just reading about boob size on Gina's blog. hahaha
Hang in there lady. You need a break- hopefully one is near.

Miranda said...

Silly Yankees. Why is it you all move South?

Gosh those wires look scary. They need to go away, asap!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. The boys will get well again, I promise, and so will you. As for the husband, well, we can only train them so much :-))

Unknown said...

You poor thing! I've only met you twice at Mosaic, and you were so helpful and cheerful! I know from experience that the kids and the hubby will be fine; just concentrate on yourself for now! (I know us mom's have a hard time with that, but try!)

cate said...

Bless you child, you have got a lot going on. You have a FABULOUS sense of humor though! I really admire that!

"Meems" said...

Yes, Belinda is one of the sweatest, most humble, genuine people I have EVER met.

jody said...

ok, i was really glad you posted pictures of your dogs eating one another b/c that is all mine ever seem to do and i was going a bit insane-misery loves company! hope things get better for you soon-i enjoyed visiting w/ you all at the shop last week!!

Allison said...

Just a few "doctor" esque comments..

BP can be high just from being at the doctor's office. We call it White coat syndrome. You have to actually maintain elevated BP over several visits to concern us... and 140/90 is not the most horrible number I have ever seen. 210/120 scares people.

Fibroids might cause menstural pain and interfer with babies, but unless you want more babies they shouldn't really be worrisome. And yes I'd knit you a uterus if you had yours removed. :-)

As for the heart issue. "Leakage" happens with valves. Most people have some form of either stenosis or regurg of the valve. Stress tests are a pretty standard test now-a-days, so no big worries. If they start talking about sending you to UVA or Wake Forest or something like that.. then I'd worry. Otherwise it's most likely something that they will just watch.

ok.. really that's all my knowledge, you just maxed out.

Hope life gets a little less stressed soon.

Vouray said...

And I had a baby AFTER, over a course of 8 years total, had 12 fibroids cut out!

Loren said...

I can't beleive your horoscope yesterday, that was so weird!

Unknown said...

Hey Belinda, this is your phone loomed square making friend from Utah... loved being one of the remembered ones in a lower post :) So sorry you have been having health issues and kids sick. Hopefully soon all will be resolved. Just wanted to pop in and say my yahoo groups are looming, knitting, and crocheting away for you guys. We are very honored to be part of this now massive project. I had a visit at my blog from Blissful Debbie who said you guys are getting squares from Greece, Australia and other places. Totally awesome! By the by and a bit off subject, I truly love reading your blog and your "Gilmore Girls" humor. You and I would definately be buds if we lived closer. I tend to find humor in the strangest things but sadly for people around me, they find me cuttingly dry with my humor. You remember, lay your head sideways once a day so the stress can roll out of you! Take care Belinda! You guys are the bomb and you will be getting my package of squares soon. Gonna keep going until the last possible mailing date.
~Vivian McKnight
Milford, UT
http://ravenstardreams.blogspot.com