Thursday, May 24, 2007

Cheers!



First of all, and I sincerely mean this...

ThAnK YoU!! All you people who had such wonderful things to say, such warm wishes and words of encouragement. It made me all toasty-warm to feel the kindness of you all...

And forgive me for taking so long to write... it has been crazy.

So... now the news...

I am fine. Met with the cardiologist this week. He read the echo and the halter, and, although I do have a PVC condition (can't quite remember what this stands for again, but it isn't serious), it is benign. I do have to take Beta Blockers three times a day. Most people, evidently, have periods of this heart occurance for like fifteen, twenty minutes, and then it goes away for five, ten hours...

Mine can go for like two, three hours. Relax for an hour or two, and kick back in for a few more hours... so I need to have my "med"s handy and..

here is the funny part... I need to, and this is verbatim of Dr. Rivera, "very, VERY, seriously consider options to reduce anxiety." I am a walking "adreneline junkie." My body produces adreneline from stress and anxiety... so I need to chill out.

Okay, Mosaic people!! You are RIGHT! I am confirmed a serious and hopeless SPAZ!!!

But, and I must say it again, thank you all for the kind words.

Now for some FUN stuff. I received a hand-delivered bottle of wine and wonderful card from Mimi, who was sad for me freaking out a bit and made me so happy I cried...a lot. I spent some time Saturday in the yard with the kids... watching them draw with sidewalk chalk while I crashed on the ground and knit my Hokie squares, received a visit from Mimi on Saturday night, who hung out for a little chick hang-out. And, of course, NBC Channel 10 coming to the shop on Wednesday. Man, I really need to get my teeth whitened. Either that or give up coffee... yeah, whitening... that's it. And we've got TNNA coming up... and my best bud, Tiffany, and I have confirmed a three day weekend away in about four weeks to her parents' condo in Charleston, SC. Lots of good things coming up.

Hope you're all knitting away, and I know that most of this is relatively boring, but it is all good news. Even my fortune cookie recommended a "peaceful" way in order to have more power, right, Gina??

Next post... knitting. I am totally serious. Something fun. And knitting.

Thanks for putting up with me. Love, Bel

11 comments:

jody said...

I thought you looked great on tv! very cheerful! I felt like that scene on "Grease" when all the waitresses in the diner are watching the kids on american bandstand-I was all "there's Belinda! there's Gina! there's Debbie's square!" glad you're doing ok!!

Allison said...

PVC = preventricular contraction... it just means that sometimes the ventricle contracts all on it's own before it's suppose to.

Dr. Rivera is a good doc..

Glad you are feeling better.

Stress -- maybe yoga, meditation, a glass of wine a day (not really more than that), more knitting or something along those lines.

"Meems" said...

There is no "putting up" with you Belinda- We all totally love your spaztic ways!!! I look forward to seeing you and talking to you!! Also to TNNA!!

Miranda said...

Black cats rule. Except when they want to WALK ALL OVER YOUR LAPTOP, Lina!

I needed a pick me up, and that Muppets video gets a full on laugh out of me every time. I played it at work for 20 minutes today... thank goodness for headphones.

If I finish up this square tonight, I'm probably going to come by Mosaic tomorrow and drop off a bunch. I have six (dropped off four previously), and the mom of one of my friends knit seven! so all together, seventeen. :)

And yay, we'll get to meet!

Unknown said...

What good news! So glad you are doing okay. :) I'm sure you'll find ways to reduce your anxiety, at least a little. And you all did great on the news cast!

Anonymous said...

Yoga and knitting and red wine. The keys to less stress. Throw in a pedicure every now and again and you are all set.

Go see Knit in Charleston! Now that's a place to relax. You will feel like your in Mosaic.

Take care of yourself!

Vouray said...

You're the Best! Now go sell some yarn...

Anonymous said...

As Allison said, they are premature ventricular contractions. My hubby has them too. Sometimes it shakes the bed at night and scares the hell out of me. I made him go for a workup and everything is okay - just meds......Your stress will go away in about 18 years, until then, lots of knitting and red wine which happens to be good for your heart....Maybe we can start an ugly hands club, Bel :-))

cate said...

I understand being an 'adrenaline junky'. Unfortnately, adrenaline is good for crisis and not good for overall health. Let me tell you something I don't know.

Reach for Jesus baby!

Unknown said...

Belinda,
So glad you are going to be ok. But you probably do need to take it easy a bit more. I know... you can knit! LOL. Tks for visiting my blog and yes we did speak on the phone probably around the 25th of April or so. I am with one of the yahoo groups that is sending you squares at Mosaic. If you will email me privately, I promise I will try to round up some pics of Utah for you also. BTB (by the by) I sent off my package on Friday with my squares. Sent a poem also. Be sure to let me know what you think. Take care of you! And I mean that woman! Slow down, find a shade tree, something I don't have much of in Utah, get a good book and just sit!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're ok! Yoga and aerobic exercise really help me with anxiety. And I've done the fibroid thing, so let me know if you want to compare notes.