Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mission: Incredible

Okay, not only do I get to have the best time checking in all these squares arriving every day, but how often does one get the opportunity to be a stealth yarn commando! Free yarn...hiding out there...waiting to be found. Bet 'cha can hardly see me in my cammo....



And, I'm proud to announce, we have reached 20 states. I received squares today from California and Anchorage, Alaska! I'm not sure how many squares we have at the shop just now...tomorrow I will count and give Gina a total. At any rate...fret none, little fiber junkies, we still need many, many squares. I did mention "many," didn't I?
By the way...family and friends in the Lehigh Valley...where are you?? I know you are knitters and crocheters up there!! You guys!! I need you on the map!! Hugs to Pennsylvania.
Here are a few more photos from our recent vacation in Key West. Besides checking in some new yarn, filling up the "contributors" notebook, and pushing pins into the US map at the shop, it has been a relatively uneventful week. Gina bought me a frappucino today. Thanks, Gina. Yum yum!

Let's try something different... I have a question to my few but dedicated readers. I want to know who you are and where your dreams take you. I am Sagitarius; we are often described as "dreamers" and "wanderers." I like things to change. I like adventures, although I don't seem to have many. As the boys get older and life gets easier, thanks to family close by and a special needs fellow doing very well indeed, I hope I can do some soul searching in these next few years.
Here is your question. I hope to hear some interesting answers!

If you could live the "life of your dreams," what would it include? How would you re-write your existence?

By the way, I saw this little fellow on the street in Key West.
I liked him. Keep knitting! Meow, meow, meow!

7 comments:

Bel said...

I would own a Bed and Breakfast in northern New Mexico or Montana...a ranch with hiking and fishing expeditions with our guests. And I would sit every night in front of a fireplace and knit, spend afternoons playing with the boys, and wake every morning looking out at the landscape, drinking coffee, and working on my novel. Nothing I can imagine would be more perfect.

Vouray said...

I'd like an apartment in NYC and a house on the beach, a bunch of well behaved kids, and a full to the brim bank account. The rest of the stuff, I'd keep the same.

"Meems" said...

I read this the other day, AND I have really been thinking about it a lot. I think i would have my family here nearby. I would only change that. I feel like the life I have right now has made me very happy, and thats the important thing really. There are things i work towards.. like nicer stuff, but with hard work that will come.

Content for now.
Mimi

Anonymous said...

I answered your question on my blog. I think it's too long to comment or maybe I just need time to mull it over.

Bel said...

I like that everyone is thinking about this in a different way. Phyl, you really made me think about it, too, and I'm glad that you had the happy realization you did. I would also never change the past, bad as some of it was for a few years...at the least, it gives me something to write about! But the future...this is where I'd like to see how far my dream can go...anyone want to support my future ranch by sponsoring a future "best-selling" novel?? Haha!!!

jody said...

I just want a cleaning lady and a personal chef-maybe just Alice from the Brady bunch that would do all my house stuff-otherwise, I'm good :)

Anonymous said...

I love my life and wouldn't change a thing except to have my mom back with me. It is going to be so sad next year when my son gets married and she won't be there with me. We wouldn't be the people we are today if we hadn't had the journey we've had.